Why Hiring a St. Louis Workers’ Compensation Lawyer is Important
Many individuals are injured on the job in St. Louis and get taken advantage of because they do not know their legal rights or feel pressured by their employer to not exercise their right to workers’ compensation benefits. All of our lawyers have worked in the construction industry and understand that this pressure is real. The truth is that if you do not exercise your legal right to benefits, then you are placing your health and your family’s financial well being at risk.
What many workers don’t understand is that most injuries are now covered under work comp including occupational disease, occupational exposure, inhalation, hearing loss, vision loss, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, repetitive trauma, sudden accidents, and many other injuries.
Do not listen to your boss when they tell you that you don’t have a case. They are usually wrong. Workers’ Compensation is your right that was created by the Legislature and established in 1926. You should not be ashamed for exercising your rights to workers’ compensation.
We invite you to review our guide to workers’ compensation. Workers comp benefits may include but are not limited to: (not an exhaustive list)
- Medical treatment and medical bills paid completely by the Employer- no copays;
- Permanent total disability benefits for the rest of your life if you are unable to return to the competitive open labor market;
- A lump sum for Permanent partial disability benefits if you are injured but can return to work in the competitive open labor market;
- Temporary Total Disability benefits while you are unable to work for a certain period of time while under medical care;
- Second Injury Fund benefits.
Call the Edelman Law Office at 314-631-6777. You will get talk to an injury lawyer directly for a free, no-obligation initial assessment of your case.
St. Louis Division of Workers Compensation
The St. Louis Division of workers’ compensation is one of the largest division courthouses in the state of Missouri dedicated to work comp. More injuries were reported in the combined St. Louis County and St. Louis City area in 2015 than anywhere else in the state. The Missouri Department of Labor reports that for 2015, Employers in St. Louis City reported 5,684 injuries and 19,757 in St. Louis County. Employers are required to report injuries to the Department of Labor. An Employer’s report of injury does not provide you any protection. You and your attorney must file a claim for compensation in order to preserve your rights.
Hire a St. Louis Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Reasons to hire a St. louis workers’ compensation lawyer from the Edelman Law Office:
- 48 years of combined legal experience – Represented thousands of injured workers. We never represent insurance companies;
- Our lawyers are former construction worker, laborers, or carpenters;
- Trial Lawyers – We actively take cases to trial;
- Family owned and operated – Straightforward & honest advice. We teach our clients about the law;
- Our Lawyers are known to answer your calls instead of staff- You get help right away.
- Known leaders in our field of law – We participate in seminars and give lectures to individuals on updates and changes of law in work comp.
Contact a St. Louis Workers’ Compensation Lawyer at Edelman Law Office
If you are unsure if you have a workers’ compensation case or what your legal rights are, call us at 314-631-6777 for a free, no-obligation initial consultation with a St. Louis injury lawyer.