Each injury and case is different and judged on its own merits. Our office does not believe in a one way controls all approach. Each case requires individual attention to specific instances that pertains only to that case. There are some core items that relate to most cases. Do not consider these steps to be exhaustive but rather a beginning to understanding some things to consider when proceeding with a personal injury case.
Besides making sure you are medically stablefrom your injuries, the most important thing to do is document everything. This means writing down the names and numbers of witnesses, report the incident to the police, information of all parties involved, doctors, location of the incident, model # of the defective product, etc. Do not rely on all of this information being in the police report.
Steps to Consider if you sustain a Personal Injury:
- Call the police: If you are involved in any personal injury, you need to contact the police and have them file a police report immediately.
- Document everything and collect evidence: Write down the information for all parties including the wrongdoer(s) and all witnesses. Take photos of the scene, damages, and your injury. Put everything in writing while your memory is fresh.
- Seek medical attention: It is important to get medical attention for any injuries as soon as possible. Be sure your medical professional accurately documents your injuries. If your injury involves multiple body parts then be sure to have them examined.
- Be aware of deadlines: It is very important to first consult with an attorney to verify what statute of limitations applies to your case.
- Contact an attorney: Each case is different and can involve multiple concepts that may or may not apply to your case. Therefore, it is important to contact us for a free initial consultation to ensure your rights are protected.
- Do not provide the insurance adjuster with a recorded statement.
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case
Our office has represented family members of loved ones who have been killed due to the carelessness of others. We only focus on representing injured individuals and their families. We do not represent any corporations and insurance companies. We have represented thousands of people who have been injured in the past 48 years of combined experience. We know first hand how a serious injury affects your livelihood, family, and health.
In all counties in Missouri and the surrounding areas of Illinois, the Edelman Law Office can help you determine if you have a personal injury case. To learn more or to discuss your case, call us at 314-631-6777 to speak to a personal injury lawyer.